On June 27 last year my husband and I went to Glen Highland Farm (yes, the same place we have vacationed at for several years) to meet a few dogs that could potentially be our second dog. After meeting Ben, we just knew he was the right dog for us and he came home that very night.
And turned our lives upside down (you can read more of our story here).
He’s been the most amazing, goofy, ridiculous, awesome dog we could have asked for. He’s become a best friend to Dahlia and one of the lights of our lives. I can’t really imagine life without him at this point. He’s no longer the new dog. He’s just our Ben.
So I bring you the things Ben has learned in his first year with us!
1. New toys are the best thing ever!
2. Snow is pretty darned cool.
3. Tug is better with a friend.
5. All must hail the might and power and amazing fun of the chuck-it.
6. Balls are no fun if they don’t squeak.
7. Daddy’s lap makes the best chair
8. It’s nice to have my own space sometimes.
9. If running won’t get me there fast enough, I’ll just have to fly.
10. Biting Mama’s boobs might lead to squeaking but they are, in fact, not squeaky toys.
Thanks Ben for choosing us! We hope to continue to be worthy to be your people!